Monday 22 August 2011

A last minute order

There I was this morning all set to make a start on the unfinished shoebox cards from Saturday - my Guildford meet - when I got a call from my friend...'Stop what you are doing. We have an emergency!!!' One of the men that she works for had left it to the last minute to get his wife a 25th Wedding anniversary card and couldn't get a wife one - the anniversary is today!!!!! so she wanted to know if I could make one for him. Yes of course I can I said!! Not too lovey dovey. Ok I'll think of something!.

So while finishing off my housework I put my thinking cap on. Couldn't think of anything. After the housework I trolled through my files on tinternet to get inspiration!! Nope nothing! So I thought I would go sit at my table to see if anything would come...well I had an idea but wasn't too sure how it would pan out.

Here is the outcome and I must say I am very pleased with how it turned out!

I cut 4 squares with silver mirri card and then 4 smaller squares in white bazzill bling card. The white squares were then run through the cuttlebug using the hearts embossing folder. I did a greeting in grey on the computer onto bazzill bling and cut it out using labels 2 nesties, also cutting a matt in silver mirri card. The flowers were from my stash as was the bow, both I have had for a very long time. I then added some silver gems. Now I know I have seen similar cards somewhere so I can't take all the credit for the design but I will be using it again. :-)

I also made a box to put it on and just wrapped some silver grey ribbon round the lid and tied a bow and added a tag .
Thanks for reading

1 comment: