Friday 29 June 2012

Appleby Magna 2012

On the 14th June a group of us girls went off on our annual crafty house party up at Upper Rectory Farm Cottages in Appleby Magna. This year there was only 9 of us including me, Debs(who organised it this year), Jackie, Cathy, Greta, Kim, Trace, Pam and Toni. This was the 4th year that we have gone up to the cottages and I have to say that this was the best. I haven't laughed so much for ages. We also managed to do a little crafting too.

We normally do 'shoebox' cards. Each person makes a card and makes packs up with all the materials for each person to do the same. We had a couple of people that just brought papers, decoupage papers etc for us to take and make something with. Here are the 'shoebox' card packs of actual cards made.

Cathy's card.
The embossed background was done with an embossing folder. The scalloped rectangle was then cut from it and the image was stamped onto the off cut and coloured in using promarkers. The off cut was then cut with a straight edge nestie and stuck on foam pads. I loved this stamp and stamped quite a few.

Debs Card
This card was from a pack that Deb's brought with her. The cards are made with peel offs stuck on coloured card & paper to form a picture. I thought the bee was quite cute.

Kim's Card
Nice bright card from Kim. I think I think the papers are from Stampin up but don't quote me on that. :-)
The 'chocolate toppings' on the ice cream are done with glaze. Lovely colours. I do like brown and pink together.

Trace's card
The card blank was already folded and we just had to stick the backing papers on. We then had to cut the images out. Great for a man's card.

This is the other side of the swing bit.

I will show you more cards in future posts.

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment