Wednesday 18 May 2016

All Counties Craft Challenge - Day 2

Well the weather is still playing up! Yesterday, lovely sunny day, windy and a bit chilly but lovely all the same. Hubby and I went for a long walk. This morning I was on Nanny duties and was looking after my grandson Ollie. It was raining heavily so we couldn't go out but then this afternoon it was lovely sunshine. I do hope that the reports of a scorcher of a summer is correct!!

Today I have the projects that we did on day 2 of the crafting weekend. This workshop was held by Sheena Douglas and Donna Ratcliffe. 

The owl was Donna's project. It started as a white plain frame bought from poundland. We then transformed it into a lovely metallic looking frame. We used gesso and dyno paints which I have never used before but really enjoyed using them and the effect they gave. I will certainly be doing these again if I can find the frames.


The afternoon's project was Sheena's project and we used her paint fusion. Now I have never painted in my life and probably never will but have to say I was impressed with how they worked. We started out with a plain black scrapbook and ended up with this. Although not perfect I am very pleased with how it turned out. The hummingbird is a stamp that was coloured using dyno paints again.


A good day - all bar messy - and thoroughly enjoyable. Have to say though that Sheena is a complete nutcase :-) 

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment