Tuesday 13 September 2016

Scotney Castle - 2nd Sept

I have so much to catch up on and do that I am adding more things to my to do list than I am crossing off!!. Anyway, no card to show you on this post, only some pictures from a trip that hubby and I took to Scotney Castle the other week. The weather was a bit overcast but luckily the rain stayed away until we were due to leave.

The walled garden wasn't at it's best as it's late in the season and most of the flowers wee dying, however the grounds and the house were magnificent. The house was actually lived in up until 2006. It was open to the public via the National Trust in 2007. I love looking round old houses and learning all about the history. 

The visit was finished off with a cream tea. Don't mind if I do!!!! :-) 









This tree was huge!! so tall, the white blob is Gary just to show how tall the tree was.  



Thanks for reading 


No comments:

Post a Comment